A veggie stir-fry is a simple and delicious way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. It’s a versatile dish that can be made with a variety of vegetables, such as broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, mushrooms, and snap peas. It can also be seasoned with a variety of sauces and spices to suit your taste.
Here’s a basic recipe for a veggie stir-fry:
- 2 tablespoons oil (such as vegetable or peanut oil)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables (whatever you like)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok over high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until softened.
- Add the mixed vegetables and stir-fry for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until they are cooked to your liking.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, cornstarch, and water together.
- Pour the mixture into the pan with the vegetables and stir until the sauce thickens and coats the vegetables evenly.
- Serve the stir-fry over rice or noodles and enjoy!
If you like you can add in some protein like chicken, beef, shrimp, or tofu to make it a more complete meal. You can also add different flavors by using different types of sauces, like oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, or sweet chili sauce.
You can experiment with the veggies and sauces to make it to your liking.
In conclusion, this recipe for a veggie stir-fry is a simple and delicious way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet. It’s versatile and can be made with a variety of vegetables, seasonings, and sauces to suit your taste. The basic recipe calls for 2 cups of mixed vegetables, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 small onion, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, and 1 tablespoon of water. The recipe is easy to follow, the instructions are clear and simple, and the ingredients are easy to find in any grocery store. This recipe can be a healthy and balanced meal by adding the protein of your choice, and also is adaptable to any dietary needs. Additionally, it’s a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you may have in your fridge.