Egg omelettes with mixed vegetables can be a great way to get a variety of nutrients in one meal.
Eggs are a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body, as well as for maintaining muscle mass. They also contain vitamins and minerals such as vitamin D, vitamin B12, and choline.
Vegetables, like those that can be added to an omelette, are also rich in nutrients. They contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can help protect the body against chronic diseases, such as heart disease and cancer. They are also a good source of fibre, which can help promote healthy digestion.
Mixed vegetables like bell pepper, onion, mushroom, spinach and tomatoes are low in calories and have high nutrient density. Adding them to omelette can provide a good amount of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and many other nutrients like iron, calcium and potassium.
An omelette with mixed vegetables is a great way to start your day, it will be a good source of energy and keep you full for longer. Also, it is a very versatile dish, you can add and adjust the ingredients according to your taste and preference.
Here’s a basic recipe for an omelette with mixed vegetables:
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are slightly softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the spinach leaves and diced tomatoes to the skillet, and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet, making sure they cover the vegetables. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the edges start to set. Use a spatula to lift the edges of the omelette and let any uncooked egg run to the bottom of the skillet.
- Once the omelette is cooked through, sprinkle shredded cheese on one half of the omelette if desired.
- Use a spatula to fold the other half of the omelette over the cheese-covered half. Cook for another 30 seconds to a minute, or until the cheese is melted.
- Carefully slide the omelette out of the skillet and onto a plate. Serve hot and enjoy!
You can adjust and add vegetables according to your preferences, also you can add an extra protein like diced ham or bacon. You can also consider seasoning herbs or spices, such as parsley, chives, or cayenne pepper, for additional flavour.
In conclusion, this omelette with the mixed vegetable recipe is a great way to get a variety of nutrients in one meal. The eggs provide a good source of protein, while the vegetables are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The dish is also relatively easy to make and can be customized to suit your preferences. You can add more vegetables or different kinds of vegetables, also you can add extra protein or different types of cheese. This recipe is a great option for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it’s very versatile and provides a balance of nutrients. Enjoy!