If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal that will impress your friends and family, then you should definitely try making shrimp tacos with mango salsa. This dish is bursting with flavor and is sure to satisfy even the most discerning palate. In this article, we’ll show you step-by-step how to make shrimp tacos with mango salsa, and we’ll also provide some helpful tips to ensure that your dish turns out perfectly every time.
To make shrimp tacos with mango salsa, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the Shrimp:
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Mango Salsa:
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Tacos:
- 8-10 small corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
- Lime wedges, for serving
Step 1: Make the Shrimp
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they are pink and cooked through.
Step 2: Make the Mango Salsa
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced mangoes, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until well combined.
Step 3: Assemble the Tacos
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave or on a skillet.
- Divide the shrimp evenly among the tortillas.
- Top each taco with a spoonful of mango salsa, some sliced avocado, and crumbled cotija cheese.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Tips for Success
- Be sure to properly peel and devein the shrimp before cooking them.
- Use fresh, ripe mangoes for the best flavor.
- Adjust the amount of jalapeno pepper to your personal preference.
- If you don’t have cotija cheese, you can substitute feta cheese.
Shrimp tacos with mango salsa is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that is perfect for any occasion. With its blend of spicy shrimp and sweet mango salsa, it’s a dish that’s sure to impress. Whether you’re cooking for your family or entertaining guests, this recipe is a winner. So give it a try and see for yourself why shrimp tacos with mango salsa is one of our favorite dishes.
Q1. Can I use frozen shrimp instead of fresh shrimp?
A1. Yes, you can use frozen shrimp instead of fresh shrimp. Just be sure to properly thaw the shrimp before cooking.
Q2. Can I make the mango salsa ahead of time?
A2. Yes, you can make the mango salsa ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
Q3. Can I use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas?
A3. Yes, you can use flour tortillas instead of corn tortillas, but the flavor and texture
Q4. Can I add other ingredients to the tacos?
A4. Yes, you can customize your shrimp tacos with mango salsa by adding other ingredients such as diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, or hot sauce.
Q5. How many servings does this recipe make?
A5. This recipe makes 8-10 tacos, depending on the size of the tortillas.