The marry me chicken is a delicious, flavorful, and creamy dish that is perfect for a romantic dinner or a special occasion. This dish is known for its rich and creamy sauce that complements the tender chicken perfectly. While traditionally prepared on the stove, this recipe can easily be adapted for the crock pot, making it an easy and convenient meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week. In this blog post, we will explore how to make marry me chicken in a crock pot, as well as some variations to suit your taste buds.
To make marry me chicken in a crock pot, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Start by seasoning the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, basil, oregano, onion powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to the crock pot.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, chicken broth, minced garlic, and grated Parmesan cheese. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cover the crock pot and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours or on high heat for 2-3 hours, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the crock pot and set it aside.
- Pour the sauce into a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over it.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with your favorite side dish.
There are many ways to customize this recipe to suit your taste buds. Here are a few ideas:
- Add vegetables: You can add vegetables like mushrooms, bell peppers, or broccoli to the crock pot for a more nutritious meal.
- Use different cheeses: Try using different cheeses like mozzarella or cheddar instead of Parmesan for a different flavor.
- Add more spices: Experiment with different spices like thyme, rosemary, or cumin to give the dish a different flavor.
- Use different meats: You can use pork or beef instead of chicken for a different protein option.
Making marry me chicken in a crock pot is a great way to enjoy this delicious dish with minimal effort. The creamy sauce and tender chicken make for a perfect meal that can be enjoyed any day of the week. With the variations listed above, you can customize this recipe to suit your taste buds and make it your own. We hope you enjoy making this recipe and sharing it with your loved ones.