Are you looking for a quick and easy way to add some healthy and delicious grilled vegetables to your diet? If so, you should definitely try this recipe for grilled yellow squash with lemon and garlic. Not only is it super easy to make, but it’s also packed full of vitamins, fiber, and other essential nutrients that will help you maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
To make this tasty grilled yellow squash recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 medium-sized yellow squash
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Follow these easy instructions to make this delicious grilled yellow squash recipe:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Wash and dry the yellow squash, and then slice them into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Brush the garlic and lemon mixture onto both sides of each yellow squash slice.
- Season the yellow squash slices with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the seasoned yellow squash slices onto the preheated grill, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are tender and have nice grill marks.
- Remove the grilled yellow squash from the grill and transfer them to a serving dish.
- Garnish the grilled yellow squash with some additional lemon zest and chopped fresh herbs, if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your delicious and healthy grilled yellow squash with lemon and garlic!
Health Benefits of Yellow Squash
Yellow squash is a type of summer squash that is low in calories but high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is an excellent source of vitamin C, which is important for maintaining a healthy immune system and preventing cell damage. It also contains vitamin A, which is essential for maintaining healthy vision, skin, and bones. Additionally, yellow squash is rich in potassium, which helps to regulate blood pressure and maintain a healthy heart.
Tips for Grilling Yellow Squash
If you want to get the most out of your grilled yellow squash, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use medium-high heat to grill the yellow squash. This will help to ensure that it cooks evenly and develops nice grill marks.
- Brush the garlic and lemon mixture onto both sides of the yellow squash slices to add flavor and prevent them from sticking to the grill.
- Don’t overcook the yellow squash. It should be tender but still slightly firm to the touch.
Grilled yellow squash with lemon and garlic is a delicious and healthy recipe that is perfect for summer barbecues, weeknight dinners, or anytime you want a quick and easy side dish. With its delicious flavor and numerous health benefits, it’s no wonder that this recipe has become a favorite of so many people. So why not give it a try today and see for yourself how delicious and easy it is to make?
Can I use other types of squash in this recipe?
- Yes, you can use other types of summer squash, such as zucchini or pattypan squash, in this recipe.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Yes, you can make the garlic and lemon mixture ahead of time and store it in the fridge until you’re ready to grill the yellow squash.
Can I grill the yellow squash on an indoor grill or grill pan?
- Yes, you can grill the yellow squash on an indoor grill or grill pan if you don’t have an outdoor grill.
Can I add other seasonings to the garlic and lemon mixture?
- Yes, you can add other seasonings such as herbs, spices, or chili flakes to the garlic and lemon mixture to customize the flavor to your liking.
How do I know when the yellow squash is done grilling?
- The yellow squash should be tender but still slightly firm to the touch when it’s done grilling. You can also check for grill marks and a slightly charred appearance on both sides.
Can I serve this recipe cold?
- While this recipe is best served hot off the grill, you can also enjoy it cold as a refreshing summer salad by letting it cool down and chilling it in the fridge before serving.
How long can I store leftover grilled yellow squash?
- Leftover grilled yellow squash can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat it in the microwave or on the grill before serving.
Grilled Zucchini with Garlic and Herbs
Grilled Yellow Squash with Lemon & Chive Vinaigrette