If you’re looking for a delicious and refreshing salad to add to your recipe collection, then you need to try this cold noodle salad with peanut sauce. This recipe is perfect for those hot summer days when you want something light, yet satisfying. With its unique blend of flavors and textures, it’s sure to become a favorite in your household. Here’s how to make it:
- 1 lb of noodles (any kind will do, but we recommend soba noodles)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup of chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup of chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of hot water (more or less depending on the desired consistency)
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions, then rinse them under cold water and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and hot water until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked noodles, sliced bell peppers, cucumber, bean sprouts, cilantro, scallions, roasted peanuts, and sesame seeds.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the noodle salad and toss everything together until well coated.
- Serve the cold noodle salad immediately or refrigerate it until ready to serve.
Feel free to add any protein of your choice to this cold noodle salad recipe. Grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu would all make great additions.
Why this Recipe is Perfect for Summer:
This cold noodle salad with peanut sauce is the perfect summer recipe for several reasons. First, it’s incredibly refreshing and light, making it the perfect meal to enjoy on a hot day. Second, it’s packed with fresh vegetables that are in season during the summer months. Finally, the peanut sauce adds a delicious and unique flavor to the dish that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Tips for Making the Perfect Cold Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce:
- Be sure to rinse the cooked noodles under cold water to stop the cooking process and prevent them from sticking together.
- Cut the vegetables into thin slices to ensure that they are evenly distributed throughout the salad.
- Use smooth peanut butter for the sauce to ensure that it’s silky and creamy.
- Adjust the amount of hot water in the sauce to achieve your desired consistency.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use a different type of noodle for this recipe?
Yes, any type of noodle will work for this recipe. However, we recommend using soba noodles for their nutty flavor and slightly chewy texture.
- How long does this salad keep in the refrigerator?
This salad will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days. Just be sure to store it in an airtight container.
- Can I make the sauce ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the sauce up to three days ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, just be sure to use gluten-free noodles and soy sauce.
- Can I add other vegetables to this recipe?
Absolutely! This recipe is very versatile and can be customized to include any vegetables you like. Some great options include shredded carrots, sliced radishes, or blanched snow peas.
This cold noodle salad with peanut sauce is a perfect summer dish that’s both refreshing and flavorful. With its combination of fresh vegetables and nutty peanut sauce, it’s sure to become a new favorite in your household. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. Give it a try and see why it’s such a popular recipe!