Are you looking for a delicious and healthy meal to cook for your family or friends? Look no further than Asian grilled chicken! With its perfect balance of savory and sweet flavors, this dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. In this article, we’ll take you through all the steps you need to follow to prepare and cook Asian grilled chicken. So, let’s get started!
First things first, let’s gather all the ingredients you’ll need to make this dish. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Chopped green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients, it’s time to prepare the chicken. Follow these steps:
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness. This will help them cook evenly on the grill.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, grated ginger, minced garlic, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the chicken in a resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the top.
- Seal the bag and toss to coat the chicken evenly.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
Now it’s time to grill the chicken. Follow these steps:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 6-7 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
Your Asian grilled chicken is now ready to serve! Here are a few ideas for serving:
- Serve with steamed rice and stir-fried vegetables for a complete meal.
- Slice the chicken and serve on top of a salad.
- Make a sandwich or wrap using the grilled chicken and your favorite toppings.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips to help you get the best results from this recipe:
- If you don’t have a grill, you can also cook the chicken in a grill pan or in the oven.
- Make sure to pound the chicken to an even thickness before marinating. This will ensure that it cooks evenly and doesn’t dry out.
- Don’t overcook the chicken! Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature and remove it from the grill when it reaches 165°F.
- You can also use this marinade for other proteins, such as pork or tofu.
- Can I use bone-in chicken for this recipe?
- Yes, you can use bone-in chicken, but you’ll need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
- Yes, you can marinate the chicken up to 8 hours ahead
- What other vegetables can I serve with this dish?
- Broccoli, bell peppers, carrots, and snap peas all make great stir-fried vegetables to serve with Asian grilled chicken.
- Can I freeze the marinade?
- Yes, you can freeze the marinade in a resealable plastic bag for up to 3 months.
- Can I use this marinade for other proteins?
- Yes, this marinade works well with pork, tofu, or shrimp.
In conclusion, Asian grilled chicken is a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for any occasion. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you can prepare juicy and tender chicken that will impress your family and friends. With a few tips and tricks, you can ensure that your chicken is perfectly cooked every time. So why not give this recipe a try and enjoy a delicious and healthy meal today!