Summer Corn Chowder Instant Pot is the perfect time to enjoy fresh and delicious corn chowder. The Instant Pot makes it possible to cook this delicious soup quickly and easily. In this article, we’ll explore how to make a mouth-watering summer corn chowder in an Instant Pot. We’ll cover everything from ingredients and equipment to step-by-step instructions for preparing this tasty soup.
Table of Contents
- Step-by-Step Instructions
- Serving Suggestions
- Tips and Tricks
- Health Benefits
To make this summer corn chowder, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (about 5 ears of corn)
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
You’ll need the following equipment to make this summer corn chowder in an Instant Pot:
- Instant Pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Wooden spoon
- Immersion blender (optional)
Before you start cooking, you’ll need to prepare your ingredients. Shuck the corn and cut the kernels off the cob. Peel and dice the potatoes, onion, and red bell pepper. Mince the garlic. Chop the parsley and scallions.
- Turn on the Instant Pot and select the sauté function. Add the onion and red bell pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the corn, potatoes, vegetable broth, thyme, oregano, salt, and black pepper to the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then use the quick-release function to release any remaining pressure.
- Open the Instant Pot and stir in the milk.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup to your desired consistency (optional).
- Serve the summer corn chowder hot, garnished with chopped parsley and scallions.
This summer corn chowder is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with some crusty bread or a side salad for a complete meal.
Here are a few ways you can customize this summer corn chowder recipe:
- Add some diced ham or cooked bacon for a meatier soup.
- Use chicken broth instead of vegetable broth for a richer flavor.
- Add some diced carrots or celery for additional vegetables.
- Use coconut milk instead of regular milk for a dairy-free version of the soup.
Leftover summer corn chowder can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to make the perfect summer corn chowder:
- To save time, you can use frozen corn kernels instead of fresh corn. Just be sure to thaw them before adding them to the Instant Pot.
- For a thicker soup, you can puree more of the soup or add a tablespoon or two of flour to the soup before cooking.
- If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender to puree the soup in batches. Just be sure to let the soup cool slightly before blending and be careful not to overfill the blender.
This summer corn chowder is not only delicious but also packed with nutrients. Corn is a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, including vitamin C, thiamin, and folate. Potatoes are also a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium, and iron. Additionally, this recipe is vegetarian and can easily be made vegan by using a plant-based milk.
In conclusion, this summer corn chowder is a delicious and nutritious soup that can be easily made in an Instant Pot. With just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen equipment, you can have a warm and satisfying meal in no time. Feel free to customize the recipe to your liking and enjoy!
- Can I use canned corn instead of fresh corn?
- While fresh corn is recommended for the best flavor, you can use canned corn in a pinch. Just be sure to drain and rinse the corn before adding it to the Instant Pot.
- Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker instead of an Instant Pot?
- Yes, you can make this recipe in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours, until the vegetables are tender.
- Can I freeze this summer corn chowder?
- Yes, you can freeze this summer corn chowder for up to 3 months. Just be sure to let it cool completely before freezing and thaw it in the refrigerator before reheating.
- Can I use dairy milk instead of plant-based milk?
- Yes, you can use dairy milk in this recipe if you prefer.
- Can I add other vegetables to this soup?
- Absolutely! This recipe is very customizable, so feel free to add other vegetables like carrots, celery, or zucchini to the soup if you like.