Memorial Day is a special holiday where we remember and honor the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. It’s also a great opportunity to gather with family and friends for a backyard BBQ. If you’re looking for some inspiration for your Memorial Day menu, look no further than these Southern Living Memorial Day recipes. From classic BBQ dishes to refreshing cocktails, these recipes are sure to impress your guests.
H1: Classic BBQ Dishes
H2: Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Nothing screams BBQ more than pulled pork sandwiches. This recipe is simple and easy to make, and the meat is incredibly tender and juicy. You can serve it on a toasted bun with some coleslaw on top for an extra crunch.
H2: BBQ Ribs
If you want to go all out for your Memorial Day BBQ, then you have to make BBQ ribs. This recipe uses a dry rub and slow-cooks the ribs until they’re fall-off-the-bone tender. Don’t forget to slather them in your favorite BBQ sauce before serving.
H2: Grilled Chicken
Grilled chicken is a classic BBQ dish that everyone loves. This recipe uses a flavorful marinade to keep the chicken moist and tender. You can serve it as is or chop it up and add it to a salad for a lighter option.
H1: Sides and Salads
H2: Southern Potato Salad
Potato salad is a staple at any BBQ, and this Southern version is the perfect side dish for your Memorial Day menu. It uses red potatoes, boiled eggs, celery, and a creamy dressing made with mayonnaise, sour cream, and Dijon mustard.
H2: Watermelon and Feta Salad
If you’re looking for a refreshing and light salad option, then this watermelon and feta salad is perfect. The combination of sweet watermelon, salty feta, and tangy balsamic vinaigrette is irresistible.
H2: Grilled Corn on the Cob
Grilled corn on the cob is a summer favorite, and it’s perfect for your Memorial Day BBQ. This recipe uses a spicy butter mixture to add some extra flavor to the corn.
H2: Strawberry Shortcake
Strawberry shortcake is a classic dessert that everyone loves. This recipe uses homemade biscuits, fresh strawberries, and whipped cream for the ultimate summer treat.
H2: Peach Cobbler
Peach cobbler is another Southern favorite that’s perfect for your Memorial Day BBQ. This recipe uses fresh peaches and a sweet biscuit topping for a dessert that’s both comforting and delicious.
H2: Sweet Tea
Sweet tea is a staple in the South, and it’s the perfect drink to serve at your Memorial Day BBQ. This recipe uses a combination of black tea, sugar, and fresh lemon juice for a refreshing and sweet drink.
H2: Watermelon Lemonade
If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic drink option, then this watermelon lemonade is perfect. It uses fresh watermelon and lemon juice for a sweet and tangy drink that everyone will love.
These Southern Living Memorial Day recipes are sure to impress your guests at your backyard BBQ. From classic BBQ dishes to refreshing cocktails, there’s something for everyone on this menu. Remember to take a moment to honor and remember the brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country on this special holiday.
- Can I make these recipes ahead of time?
- Yes, most of these recipes can be made ahead of time to make your Memorial Day BBQ
easier to manage. You can make the pulled pork, ribs, and chicken ahead of time and reheat them when it’s time to serve. The sides and salads can also be made a few hours in advance, and the desserts can be made a day ahead.
- Can I substitute ingredients in these recipes?
- Absolutely! Feel free to substitute ingredients based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use a different type of meat or a different type of cheese in the salad.
- How many servings do these recipes make?
- The number of servings varies depending on the recipe, but most of them make enough for 4-6 people. You can easily adjust the quantities if you’re feeding a larger crowd.
- Can I grill the chicken instead of using a grill pan?
- Yes, you can definitely grill the chicken instead of using a grill pan. Just make sure to preheat your grill and oil the grates before adding the chicken.
- Can I make these recipes for other occasions besides Memorial Day?
- Of course! These recipes are perfect for any summer gathering or BBQ. Just adjust the quantities based on the number of people you’re serving.