Are you tired of the same old boring dinners every night? Do you want a quick and easy meal idea that is both delicious and healthy? Look no further than this pork stir fry recipe! Not only is it a great way to use up leftover vegetables in your fridge, but it is also a flavorful and filling meal that is perfect for busy nights. In this article, we will walk you through the steps to make a delicious pork stir fry that will leave you satisfied and wanting more.
Before we get started, let’s go over the ingredients you will need for this pork stir fry recipe. Here is a list of everything you will need:
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice, for serving
Now that you have all your ingredients ready, let’s start cooking! Follow these steps to make a delicious pork stir fry:
Step 1: Prep the Pork
- Slice the pork tenderloin into thin strips and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil over high heat.
- Add the pork strips to the skillet and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Step 2: Cook the Vegetables
- In the same skillet, add 1 tbsp. of vegetable oil and 1 tbsp. of sesame oil over high heat.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the bell peppers and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the broccoli and snow peas and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until tender.
Step 3: Make the Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, cornstarch, and water.
- Pour the sauce into the skillet with the vegetables and stir to combine.
Step 4: Add the Pork
- Add the cooked pork back into the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetables and sauce.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the pork is heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over cooked rice.
Tips for Making the Perfect Pork Stir Fry
- Use a high heat and a large skillet or wok to cook the ingredients quickly and evenly.
- Don’t overcrowd the skillet when cooking the vegetables, as this will cause them to steam instead of stir-fry.
- Use a mix of colorful vegetables to add both flavor and nutrition to your stir fry.
- Slice the pork into thin strips to ensure that it cooks quickly and evenly.
- Let the pork cook undisturbed for a few minutes before stirring to ensure that it gets nicely browned on one side.
This pork stir fry recipe is a delicious and healthy meal idea that is perfect for busy nights. It is easy to make and can be customized with any vegetables you have on hand. So the next time you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner idea, give this pork stir fry recipe a try!
Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?
- Absolutely! You can substitute the pork tenderloin with chicken, beef, shrimp, or tofu if you prefer. Adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure that your protein is cooked through.
Can I make this stir fry ahead of time?
- Yes, you can make this stir fry ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to serve. However, keep in mind that the vegetables may become slightly overcooked when reheated, so it’s best to slightly undercook them when making it ahead.
Can I use frozen vegetables instead of fresh?
- While fresh vegetables are preferred for this recipe, you can use frozen vegetables if that’s all you have on hand. Just make sure to thaw them before adding them to the skillet and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I make this stir fry vegetarian or vegan?
- Yes, you can easily make this stir fry vegetarian or vegan by omitting the pork and using tofu or tempeh instead. Make sure to use a vegetarian or vegan-friendly hoisin sauce and soy sauce.
Can I make this stir fry spicy?
- Absolutely! If you prefer your stir fry to be spicy, add some red pepper flakes or chili oil to the skillet when cooking the garlic and ginger. You can also use a spicy hoisin sauce or add some sriracha to the sauce mixture. Adjust the spice level to your liking.
We hope these FAQs helped answer any questions you may have had about this pork stir fry recipe. Enjoy!