Are you tired of the same old chicken recipes? Do you want to spice things up in the kitchen? Look no further than Lebanese chicken marinade. This flavorful blend of spices and herbs will take your taste buds on a journey to the Middle East. In this article, we’ll discuss what Lebanese chicken marinade is, how to make it, and some recipe ideas to use it in.
What is Lebanese Chicken Marinade?
Lebanese chicken marinade is a blend of spices and herbs that is used to marinate chicken before cooking. The marinade typically includes ingredients such as garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, cumin, and coriander. These ingredients work together to create a delicious flavor profile that is both tangy and savory.
How to Make Lebanese Chicken Marinade
Making Lebanese chicken marinade is easy and can be done in just a few minutes. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and minced garlic.
- Add the paprika, cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper, and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and let it marinate for at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
- Grill, bake, or sauté the chicken as desired.
Lebanese chicken marinade can be used in a variety of recipes. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Lebanese Chicken Skewers
Cut chicken breasts into cubes and marinate in the Lebanese chicken marinade for at least 2 hours. Thread the chicken onto skewers and grill for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through. Serve with a side of tabbouleh or hummus.
Lebanese Chicken Salad
Marinate chicken breasts in the Lebanese chicken marinade for at least 2 hours. Grill or bake the chicken until cooked through, then slice into strips. Serve the chicken on a bed of mixed greens, along with chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, and red onion. Top with a drizzle of olive oil and lemon juice.
Lebanese Chicken Shawarma
Marinate chicken thighs in the Lebanese chicken marinade for at least 2 hours. Grill or bake the chicken until cooked through, then slice into thin strips. Serve the chicken on a warm pita bread, along with sliced tomatoes, onions, and a yogurt sauce.
Lebanese chicken marinade is a delicious and easy way to add flavor to your chicken dishes. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a marinade that will take your taste buds on a journey to the Middle East. Whether you grill, bake, or sauté your chicken, the flavors of the marinade will make it a meal to remember.
What makes Lebanese chicken marinade unique?
- Lebanese chicken marinade is unique because it combines a variety of spices and herbs that are commonly used in Middle Eastern cuisine. The blend of tangy and savory flavors is what makes it so delicious.
Can I use Lebanese chicken marinade on other meats?
- Absolutely! While Lebanese chicken marinade is typically used on chicken, it can also be used on other meats such as beef, lamb, or pork.
How long can I marinate the chicken?
How long can I marinate the chicken?
- You can marinate the chicken for as little as 2 hours or up to overnight for maximum flavor. However, be sure not to marinate the chicken for too long as the acidity in the lemon juice can break down the proteins in the meat and make it tough.
Can I use store-bought Lebanese chicken marinade?
- While it’s easy to find store-bought Lebanese chicken marinade, making it at home is just as easy and much more cost-effective. Plus, making it yourself allows you to adjust the ingredients to your liking.
What are some other dishes that pair well with Lebanese chicken?
- Lebanese chicken pairs well with a variety of side dishes, such as rice pilaf, roasted vegetables, or a Mediterranean salad. It’s a versatile dish that can be customized to your liking.