There’s something about a warm, lasagna soup recipe slow cooker hearty bowl of soup that makes us feel comforted and satisfied. And when that soup is a delicious, slow-cooker version of a classic Italian dish like lasagna, it’s even better. In this post, we’ll share with you a simple yet delicious lasagna soup recipe that you can make in your slow cooker. We’ll also provide some tips and tricks for making the perfect lasagna soup every time.
Table of Contents
Before we get into the Lasagna Soup Recipe Slow Cooker, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 8 oz lasagna noodles, broken into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, it’s time to start cooking. Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Brown the ground beef: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the onion and garlic: Once the ground beef is browned, add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the onion is translucent.
- Transfer to slow cooker: Transfer the ground beef mixture to your slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes and sauce: Add the can of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce to the slow cooker.
- Add the beef broth and water: Pour in the can of beef broth and two cups of water.
- Add the seasonings: Add the Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper to the slow cooker. Stir everything together.
- Add the noodles: Break the lasagna noodles into bite-sized pieces and add them to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low: Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. The noodles should be tender when done.
- Add the cheese: Once the soup is done cooking, stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Serve: Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the perfect lasagna soup:
- Use a lean ground beef: We recommend using lean ground beef to reduce the fat content of the soup.
- Customize the seasoning: Feel free to adjust the amount of Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper to your liking. You can also add other seasonings like basil or oregano.
- Don’t overcook the noodles: Be careful not to overcook the noodles, or they will become mushy.
- Add more cheese: If you’re a cheese lover, feel free to add more shredded mozzarella or grated Parmesan cheese to the soup.
- Use a slow cooker liner: To make clean-up easier, you can use a slow cooker liner.
Lasagna soup is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that you can enjoy any day of the week. By following our slow cooker recipe, you can have a comforting bowl of soup that’s full of flavor and nutrients. Don’t forget to experiment with different seasonings and cheeses to make the soup even more unique to your taste!
To start making the lasagna soup in a slow cooker, you’ll need to gather the necessary ingredients. The main components include ground beef, onion, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, lasagna noodles, and a blend of Italian seasonings. You can also add in other vegetables like spinach or mushrooms for an extra nutritional boost.
First, brown the ground beef in a skillet and then transfer it to the slow cooker. Add in the chopped onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes until they become translucent. Pour in the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, and Italian seasonings, and give everything a good stir.
Break the lasagna noodles into small pieces and add them to the slow cooker. Cover the pot and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours. Stir occasionally to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
When the soup is almost done, add in any additional vegetables or seasonings that you desire. Once everything is cooked to perfection, serve the soup hot and top it off with some shredded cheese and fresh herbs. You can even pair it with some garlic bread or a salad to make it a complete meal.
Lasagna soup is a versatile dish that you can customize to your liking. You can experiment with different cheeses like ricotta or mozzarella and add in spices like red pepper flakes for a little kick. You can also make it vegetarian-friendly by using vegetable broth and skipping the meat altogether.
Overall, lasagna soup is a comforting and delicious meal that’s perfect for any day of the week. With this easy slow cooker recipe, you can have a wholesome and flavorful bowl of soup that’s sure to satisfy your cravings.