Are you in the mood for something delicious, easy-to-make, and satisfying? Look no further than fried noodles! This versatile dish can be customized to your taste, and it’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or feeding a crowd, this recipe will leave everyone feeling full and happy. In this article, we’ll share our favorite fried noodles recipe and show you how to make it step-by-step.
Before you get started, gather the following ingredients:
- 8 ounces of your favorite noodles (we recommend egg noodles or ramen noodles)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1/2 cup of diced bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of chopped cabbage
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Green onions, sliced (optional)
- Sesame seeds (optional)
Now that you have your ingredients, let’s get started with the recipe:
Step 1: Cook the Noodles
First, cook your noodles according to the package instructions. Drain them and set them aside.
Step 2: Prepare the Vegetables
Next, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion, carrots, bell pepper, and cabbage. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
Step 3: Add the Garlic
Once the vegetables are cooked, add the minced garlic to the skillet. Cook for another minute or until fragrant.
Step 4: Make the Sauce
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and black pepper. Add the sauce to the skillet and stir to combine.
Step 5: Add the Noodles
Now it’s time to add the cooked noodles to the skillet. Use tongs to toss the noodles with the vegetables and sauce until everything is well-coated.
Step 6: Garnish and Serve
Finally, if desired, garnish the fried noodles with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve hot and enjoy!
Tips for Customizing Your Fried Noodles Recipe
- Use different types of noodles: Try experimenting with different types of noodles, such as udon, soba, or even spaghetti.
- Add protein: Feel free to add your favorite protein to the dish, such as shrimp, chicken, beef, or tofu.
- Adjust the spiciness: If you like your food spicy, add some chili flakes or hot sauce to the sauce.
- Add more vegetables: The recipe above includes onion, carrots, bell pepper, and cabbage, but you can add other vegetables such as broccoli, snow peas, or mushrooms.
- Can I make this dish ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the dish ahead of time and reheat it when you’re ready to serve.
- Can I use frozen vegetables in this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen vegetables if you don’t have fresh ones on hand.
- Is this dish gluten-free?
It depends on the type of noodles and soy sauce you use. If you need a gluten-free option, be sure to use rice noodles and gluten-free soy sauce.
- How long does it take to make this dish?
The preparation time for this dish is around 15 minutes, and the cooking time is around 15 minutes. So, you can expect to have your fried noodles ready within 30 minutes.
- Can I add eggs to this dish?
Yes, you can add scrambled eggs to this dish. Simply scramble the eggs in a separate pan and then add them to the skillet with the noodles and vegetables.
In conclusion, fried noodles are a versatile and delicious dish that can be customized to your taste. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can make your own homemade fried noodles in no time. Whether you’re in the mood for a quick lunch or a satisfying dinner, this dish is sure to please. So, grab your ingredients, get cooking, and enjoy your delicious homemade fried noodles!