If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that’s also tasty and satisfying, look no further than this easy 15-minute sweet-and-sour chicken recipe. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want something that’s quick and easy to make, but still delicious and satisfying.
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy 15-minute sweet and sour chicken recipe:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Now that you have your ingredients, let’s get started on making this easy 15-minute sweet and sour chicken recipe.
Step 1: Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
Step 2: Add the chicken pieces to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it’s cooked through and golden brown.
Step 3: Add the diced red and green bell peppers to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the peppers are slightly softened.
Step 4: In a small bowl, whisk together the sweet and sour sauce, cornstarch, and water. Pour the mixture over the chicken and peppers in the skillet.
Step 5: Add the pineapple chunks to the skillet and stir everything together until the sauce is evenly distributed.
Step 6: Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and everything is heated through.
Step 7: Serve the sweet and sour chicken over rice, garnished with chopped scallions or cilantro, if desired.
Tips for Making the Best Sweet and Sour Chicken:
- Cut your chicken into bite-sized pieces so that it cooks evenly and quickly.
- Use fresh pineapple chunks for the best flavor, but canned pineapple chunks will work in a pinch.
- Be sure to drain your pineapple chunks before adding them to the skillet to prevent excess liquid in the sauce.
- Don’t overcook your peppers – they should be slightly softened but still have some crunch.
- If you like your sweet and sour sauce a little spicier, try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes or some chopped fresh jalapenos to the skillet along with the peppers.
This easy 15-minute sweet and sour chicken recipe is the perfect solution for those busy weeknights when you want something quick, easy, and delicious. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can have a tasty and satisfying meal that’s sure to please even the pickiest eaters in your family.
Whether you’re looking for a new weeknight dinner idea or just need something quick and easy to make on a busy night, this sweet and sour chicken recipe is the perfect choice. So why not give it a try and see how easy and delicious it can be?