If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make Italian dish, then look no further than chicken parmesan. This classic dish is a crowd-pleaser and can be made in under an hour. In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on how to make the perfect chicken parmesan.
Before we get started, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups of Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 3 cups of marinara sauce
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the flour, salt, and black pepper into a shallow dish and mix well.
- Beat the eggs in a separate shallow dish.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese together in another shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken breast into the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Dip the chicken into the beaten eggs, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture, pressing it onto the chicken to ensure it sticks.
- Place the chicken breasts onto a baking sheet.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place it onto a baking dish.
- Spoon the marinara sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves, if desired.
Tips for Success
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness before breading and cooking to ensure even cooking.
- Use a good quality marinara sauce for the best flavor.
- You can substitute the mozzarella cheese with provolone or any other cheese of your choice.
- Serve the chicken parmesan with pasta, garlic bread, or a salad.
Chicken parmesan is a classic Italian dish that’s easy to make and delicious to eat. With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can create a mouth-watering meal that will impress your family and friends. We hope this step-by-step guide has been helpful and that you’ll give this recipe a try!
- Can I make chicken parmesan ahead of time?
- Yes, you can make the chicken parmesan ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
- Yes, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Can I make chicken parmesan without breadcrumbs?
- Yes, you can make chicken parmesan without breadcrumbs by using almond flour or crushed pork rinds instead.
- How can I make the chicken parmesan healthier?
- You can make the chicken parmesan healthier by using whole wheat breadcrumbs, reducing the amount of cheese, or baking the chicken instead of frying it.
- Can I use store-bought marinara sauce?
- Yes, you can use store-bought marinara sauce, but make sure to read the label and choose one that doesn’t have too much added sugar or preservatives.
In summary, chicken parmesan is a delicious and easy-to-make Italian dish that you can enjoy with your family and friends. By following the steps and tips we’ve provided, you can make the perfect chicken parmesan that’s sure to impress. So why not give it a try and see how it turns out? Bon appetit!