If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that’s packed with flavor, look no further than Chicken Pad Thai. This classic Thai dish has become a favorite of people all over the world, and for good reason. It’s easy to make, full of delicious flavors and textures, and can be customized to suit your tastes. In this article, we’ll take you through the steps to make a delicious and authentic Chicken Pad Thai recipe.
To make Chicken Pad Thai, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 8 oz. flat rice noodles
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. tamarind paste
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for about 20 minutes, or until they’re soft and pliable.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- In a large wok or frying pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until it’s cooked through.
- Push the chicken to one side of the pan and crack the eggs into the other side.
- Scramble the eggs until they’re cooked through, then mix them into the chicken.
- Add the soaked rice noodles to the pan and stir to combine with the chicken and eggs.
- In a small bowl, mix together the fish sauce, brown sugar, and tamarind paste.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir to combine.
- Add the sliced green onions and bean sprouts to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the vegetables are slightly softened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cilantro leaves and chopped peanuts.
- Serve hot with lime wedges on the side.
Tips for Making the Best Chicken Pad Thai:
- Soak the rice noodles in warm water for at least 20 minutes before using them in the recipe. This will ensure that they’re soft and pliable and won’t break when you stir-fry them.
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, as they’re easy to cut into bite-sized pieces and cook quickly.
- Tamarind paste can be found in the international aisle of most grocery stores, but if you can’t find it, you can substitute with lime juice.
- Be sure to stir the noodles and sauce together thoroughly to ensure that every bite is packed with flavor.
- Customize the recipe to suit your tastes by adding additional vegetables, such as bell peppers or carrots.
Chicken Pad Thai is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends. With its savory-sweet flavors and satisfying textures, it’s no wonder why it has become a favorite of people all over the world. By following the simple steps outlined in this article, you’ll be able to make an authentic and delicious Chicken Pad Thai recipe in no time. So why not give it a try today and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills?